Monday, March 5, 2012

Daily Struggles

Everyday is different for me. For the past 18months, my life has revolved around pain. My body took two steps backwards in September 2011, when I had to change medications, and ever since then the pain has kept me sedentary. It's been very difficult to look at myself and know that I am not useless. I feel that way sometimes. I cannot study or even read for pleasure!

In January I went and saw a neurosurgeon (he says i have a condition called anesthesia dolorosa) and he told me I had very few options. 1: very radical brain surgery to insert a brain stimulator to decrease the firing of nerves in order to relieve the pain. (not gunna happen) or 2: time. This is the option I am going with but it's really hard! He gave me a projected healing time--> a few more years? I am trying another medication to try and calm the nerves down but so far I haven't had any improvement.

I'm really trying to be positive and see the light at the end of the tunnel but it's definitely a struggle. I've had to put a lot of faith in God to get me through this because I CANNOT do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment